My name is Scott DeLong. I’ve never really talked about my past successes, but I think it’s important that I tell you why you should listen to me and read my guides as part of your own journey.
In short, I have created and sold multiple websites that generated billions of page views and tens of millions in revenue. I think what sets me apart is that I’m a weirdo introvert who did most of it as a one-man operation with the help of a couple freelancers. I hate pressure, I hate public speaking, I hate meetings, I hate raising money, I hate useless reports, I hate just about everything you read about in the “business world.” I just like to make websites that are cool and bring in money.
Here are some articles about me:
- Bloomberg/BusinessWeek: Scott DeLong’s Viral Nova Success Story
- MyThemeShop’s Rundown of Me and My Formula
- BusinessInsider’s Top 100 Influential People in Silicon Alley (2015)
- New York Magazine’s Inside Look at ViralNova
- Fortune: ViralNova, the one-man site with 100 million readers, grows into a business
Almost everything public is about ViralNova because it became an enigma that pulled me out of the shadows. And I really hated that. What most people don’t know is that I’ve made more money online with non-ViralNova sites, including a 7 figure exit in 2019 before I decided to be extremely part-time.
But I’m back now… and why? Well, that dumb virus certainly set some thoughts in motion. I watched people pretty much rethink everything. It made me think about how immune, without even knowing, I’ve always been to something like government lockdowns and its economic impact. Owning your own business always comes with a freedom unlike any other, but when you can do it from the comfort of your home, it’s special.
And I just really want to share everything I know. I see so many aspiring entrepreneurs trying to figure out where to register a domain, which host to use, how to choose a WordPress theme, and so on. I’ll be recommending the services I personally use throughout these guides. So when you succeed, I succeed because they give me commission for referring someone new. If I can teach thousands of people how to succeed online and build mutually beneficial relationships, that’s actually pretty awesome.
Here are some of my successes, summarized:
- Launched GodVine on October 1, 2010 and sold for $4.2 million on October 1, 2012.
- Earned as high as $460,000 per month from ViralNova. Sold a majority for a deal worth $3.6 million.
- Built a highly diversifed travel site (cannot name it yet due to NDA) that received 100,000 Google visits daily, 30,000 Pinterest daily, and 400,000 Facebook daily. Sold for 7 figures.
- Started and still own PawMyGosh.com, a pet site that has earned more than $5 million in its lifetime.
- Minority owner of other high traffic sites that cannot be named.
- Featured in BusinessWeek magazine in 2014.
- Spoke on a panel in the country of Macedonia to incredible aspiring entrepreneurs.
But more importantly than everything listed above, I found freedom. I escaped being trapped in the rat race and, even with all the struggles, I wouldn’t trade that for the world.
If you’re here, you probably want the same or something similar. I hope I can help!